12.24.2011

Christmas Eve will find me...

This year, we are spending Christmas with our little family and loving it! I spent most of the afternoon baking with help from my boys. First, we made a birthday cake for Jesus. I let the boys decorate, if you were wondering:)






Last year I found this great recipe for the BEST fudge EVER. Well this year I made the same recipe but did walnuts instead of the candy canes. YUM! You can find the EASY recipe HERE.


And since I didn't do the peppermint fudge, Ryan requested some white peppermint bark.


I am a sucker for Chex mix. And popcorn. And caramel. I found this AMAZING recipe for Carmel Chex Popcorn HERE. I did however change up the baking process a bit. I think that baking it in the oven gives it a MUCH BETTER taste! So... Heat up your caramel ingredients on the stove until melted. Drizzle over popcorn, chex mix, and peanuts. Shake in covered container. Bake for 20 min @ 250 degrees, turning mixture every 5 or so minutes. Viola! So good!



Our card wall is FULL of cards! I just love walking by looking at all of the pictures and cards that our friends and family have sent us! It reminds me of all of the wonderful people in my life and how I am thankful for the wonderful gift of great people!


And... Our tree is up and finished. We decided against lights this year. Don't ask me why I only bought lights for our two bushes outside (one of which burned out already) and didn't get an extra strand for our tree. Oh Well. Today, I finished it off by adding the matryoshka doll handmade by my friend Nikki. She is SO talented and amazing might I add. She does ornaments every year and I am very happy to see mine on my tree again this year! Cute, huh?

 (I just can't seem to get a good picture of the tree, but we found these really pretty brown ornaments at Hobby Lobby. LOVE!)
I think I will call her Patty

Grandma Kathy sent cards and gifts. This is my most favorite card of all time. And it made my baby girl smile:)

WHEW! Well, there you have it.

Merry CHRISTmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments: