4.09.2010

Alternatives Pregnancy Center Walk

So I decided to actually get off my butt and help do something. God has been laying specific events and people that He wants me to participate in and serve. So what better way to start then to start some fundraising for a wonderful ministry. The walk is going to be held Saturday, June 5th. I have already started a team that I call Team Hope. I decided on this name because I feel like there is so much hope and encouragement to give girls and women struggling with some tough decisions. Jesus gave us amazing HOPE and if we can show a little hope to someone, they may just get a glimpse of the great HOPE that Jesus wants to give to them. So I start by raising money to help provide things like diapers, clothing, etc. for new mommies, as well as other services that the center provides such as counseling services and so on.

I pray that God would lay on your heart to help out in some way... whether that be sponsoring me or a team member, walking with us and raising support on your own, praying or even volunteering in the center (as I plan on doing this summer). I just pray that through this you may be changed and given a heart of compassion to pour out love on girls and women who are at a point in there lives when they need it most.

All that being said, if you would like to support me or my team- you may click on the link below and donate securely online. I have a very small goal of $250 and would absolutely LOVE to see that goal exceeded by more than I could imagine!   

May God get all the GLORY and may many lives be changed through your servant's heart.

No comments: